Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 50  Manchester to Portsmouth

Just a quick note as I am getting ready to ride. 
IT IS THE LAST DAY 
Yesterday was long as we added (I) added 10 bonus miles to the route.  Missed a line on the cue sheet.  Had to change rooms and the the trip banquest was last night with skits, speeches and a few mementos were handed out.  I have some pictures from the last few days and will get caught up.  Today is a 48 mi. ride, ceremony at the ocean, pack up the bikes, tols and luggage.  Then we are going for lobster rolls and the first drink in over 50 days plus some champagne.
I REALLY appreciate all the support from friends and family.  Everyone in the group spoke last night of the support from within the group of riders, staff and friends.  We could not have done this without all of you. 
Very mixed feelings as I type the words
"Only one more day"
Hope to see all of you soon.
Sam

3 comments:

  1. Sam-can't wait to hear more of your trip in person on Wednesday. Your wonderful adventure is almost complete.
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Dreams do come true...
    Carol D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, What a trip!! I really enjoyed the blog and all the pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon and listening to all the stories of you amazing adventure. -Jeryl

    ReplyDelete