Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday July 22
Short day "only" 58 miles Fond du lac to Manitowoc
Started out on the shores of Lake Winnebago and then rolled through Wisconsin country side.

Lake Winnebago light house

Today was hot and sunny.  Rolling hills were fun to ride and lots of green growing plants.
I really appreciate all the support everyone has given me.  Couldn't do this trip without it.  Unfortunately the trip does take a huge physical toll each day.  I I really looked forward to seeing people in Manitowoc, but, there just isn't enough time and energy.  I am sure you understand and I look forward to seeing everyone after the trip
Thanks for your support
Sam

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, Sure was nice that we got to see you in Manitowoc and you were getting to look a little tired. So - thanks- for the invite. We really liked it. Especially seeing that you ARE alive and well. you know the blog is great but seeing you is better. Ride Safe the rest of the way. Love you Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many interesting things! Those tunnels the other day were amazing...
    Keep eating that custard...known to have secret health benefits for bike riders.
    You look very fit SAm...
    Carol D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam I can't believe that your trip is going into the start of the final stretch!! I bet it was great to be in Wisconsin. Enjoy the boat ride to Michigan. Stay safe. -Jeryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have your priorities in order: Bike, sleep, custard. Go Sam, Go! Love, mjkb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam,
    Really enjoy the pictures and daily accounts. Since this is a bike trip, Pat & I were wondering if you had to pedal your bike around the boat as it made its trip across Lake Michigan? We look forward to more electronic post cards. Stay safe and healthy. Pat & Ron Sdun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam, well I finally had time to catch up on your ride, I can't believe how far you have gone. The pictures are great, looks like you have seen some pretty nice landscape. You had to ride pretty far to get the custard didn't you?? Stay safe!!!!
    -Ann

    ReplyDelete