Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3 Sunday

Mary and I went for a ride from Pewaukee to Dousman and back.  I then took the long way home another 20 mi on the bike.  Too nice out to ride in the car.
There are some very nice stretches on the Lake Country Recreation Trail.  see photos  There are several stretches of wetlands along the trail as well as views of Pewaukee Lake nagawaukee Golf Course.
One of the new features this year is the Glacial Drumlin and Lake Country trails are connected by the Cushing Park through Lapham Peak Park.  New diner openned in Dousman, down the block from the coffee vault  good breakfasts, sandwiches and burgers. 

Wetlands along the Lake Country Recreation Trail
My knees feel pretty good today.  30 mi yesterday along Lake Mich. and 50 mi today.  Some hills but not many.

Mary is getting away,  will have to ride hard to catch her.


5 comments:

  1. I have found it, and shall be monitoring you and updating the office as you begin your adventure! have fun and be safe. - Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found your blog also Sam! I'll be following you. Does this mean I'm a stalker or maybe I'm a groupie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say who I was!!!
      That really does make me a stalker.
      Suzanne

      Delete
    2. We'll be following you Sam! Jim & Sandy + Vicki too

      Delete
  3. Sam- The daily posts are a great idea looking forward to being apart of your journey-Ed

    ReplyDelete