Monday, June 11, 2012

Sunday June 10

Sunday morning Mary and I went for a last ride together before my trip.  We ran into a local "runner" on the path.  

Mary and turtle


I am getting rather tense and nervous.  this is the hardest physical challenge I have tried.  All the support and encouragement from friends is invaluable and soo heartening.  Packing is in the stage of "Ok, everything is here, this pile is way too big.  What don't I need and what did I forget."  Mastercard and UPS can solve a lot of problems of missing things or sending excess baggage home.  Final training miles totals  1,499 miles on trainer, 3,368 on the road. 
I will be flying from Chicago to Portland Wed AM.  The bike goes on the plane with me.  Wheel and Sprocket is doing a final tune up and packing the bike for travel.  Miles will give me a ride down to O'hare.  Pam and Tommy will pick me up at the airport in Portland.  Thanks to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Aargh. Re-posting as my first comment got lost--and of course, you KNOW that one was witty, incisive and supportive. (this time I will control + C before hitting 'Publish')

    Anyway, Sam, I am amazed and envious, even though I would never try this--or maybe because I would never have the fortitude, persistence or courage. We will be following you from a continent away (Venezuela, for your other fans), and hoping to catch up with you somewhere along the way. Much energy and good wishes for favorable winds. love, Ginger

    ReplyDelete